Who doesn’t love applesauce, let alone homemade applesauce? Well Maisy our delightful 3 year old loves applesauce which means I’m always making some for her. I love the simplicity of this combination plus there’s no added sugar. Applesauce is also a great sugar substitute in vegan baking, which is another good reason to keep it well stocked in your kitchen.
- 8-9 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp filtered water
- After apples are peeled, cored and chopped add to a large sauce pot over medium-low heat.
- Add cinnamon, lemon juice and water and stir until apples are coated.
- Simmer on low for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and mash apples into a sauce.